A Review of the Bet Rivers Sportsbook
Sugarhouse Casino & Sportsbook has been a household name in the NJ & Pennsylvania for a long time. The Sugarhouse brand turned 11 years old in December 2019. However, the Sugarhouse name is being re-branded to BetRivers. This page is a review of the BetRivers sports betting website and their promo code offer. The online sportsbook is at BetRivers.com and the site offers one of the easiest bonuses to turn into real money. BetRivers offers a sign up bonus of $250 for new users. The bonus is matched at 100% of your initial deposit. What makes it appealing is it's play-through requirements of only 1X. What this means is you only have to play $250 in wagers to withdraw the $250.
2019 revenue in New Jersey for Sugarhouse, now physically attached to Monmouth Park was over $7 million. They are owned by Rush Street Gaming LLC. Neil Bluhm and Greg Carlin are two primary executives. Cheryl Duhon was named the general manager of the Philadelphia Rivers Casino, and will also have an influence in the physical sportsbook operations. As Philadelphia's first sportsbook, aspirations continue to be high for even more success in Pennsylvania and Indiana.
How to Sign Up for the Rivers Sportsbook
Signing up for the Bet Rivers is simple. There are a few validation steps you may be asked to fulfill after you hit a big winner, but to obtain an account is easy.
- 1. You'll first come up with your best screen name, minimum four characters, and a maximum of 16. The only upfront requirement is you must be 21 to bet either online or in-person.
- 2. Enter and confirm a valid email address. Bet Rivers guarantees not to spam you. Your email is to send you prize notices, keep you up-to-date on promotions, and send you important notifications about your account.
- 3. Set up your financial preference and make your first deposit. Be sure to complete the short section for information to get your 100-percent matching bonus, up to $250.
- 4. The final step is to do your research and start picking your big winners.
Pennsylvania gaming platforms are still relatively new, but have a nice array of deposit methods available. The state gaming commission is continuously adding new acceptable deposit methods. Currently, the same methods of depositing funds and withdrawing winnings that are used in New Jersey are available in Pennsylvania.
PayPal is a big addition and Neteller is rumored to be available in the near future. Today, Bet Rivers sportsbook players can also deposit funds via Visa, Disover or MasterCard.
You can purchase a prepaid Bet Rivers Play+ card, or deposit money using PayNearMe at a 7-Eleven location. There is also the online bank transfer (ACH) method, and the good old-fashioned cash at the Bet Rivers location.
Withdrawing your winnings is almost as simple. You can request an ACH check, or have money put onto your Bet Rivers prepaid card. Players can also receive a check by mail, or collect their winnings at the physical location as well.
Games and Betting Lobby
The game lobby covers every major sport. All traditional bets are available including, point spread odds, the moneyline, plus the over/under point total. You can bet multiple team parlays, plus there are a few unique in-game options and cross-sport teasers.
- In-Game Bets - These are the real thrillers. You can bet on individual player performances, or pick an outcome from plays that are happening live.
- Cash Out Early – This is a betting option that allows you to exercise those in-game hunches. When you see the momentum of a game may be changing the wrong way, you can cash out partial winnings at that point. Cash out early is a great way to avoid bigger losses when players get injured in the middle of the game.
- Parlay Jackpot: This is a favorite of the quick-pick lottery players. You open a parlay sheet and view the selection of games. The ticket will be filled out automatically, you enter the bet dollar amount and watch to win.
- NFL and NBA Teasers – These are exciting bets during the period when both these professional sports are active. You can use a crossover betting strategy to combine games from each sport and elevate your winnings.
All the major professional leagues have odds posted daily. There are also betting lines posted for college and Canadian football. Both the men's and women's pro basketball leagues are available, plus NCAA basketball. Betting lines are available for professional baseball and hockey.
You can bet a series of major tournaments for both pro tennis and PGA golf. All three major auto racing circuits have various betting options. There are dozens of soccer lines from leagues all across the world. You can also bet on individual UFC and MMA fights, plus boxing matches.
There are no limits on how many bets you can have active at one time, but there is a $5 minimum per wager. Keep in mind, that you cannot cancel a bet once the transaction has finalized.
Bonuses and Promotions
The first bonus to be sure to take advantage of is the 100-percent match for new players. Bet Rivers sportsbook will match your initial deposit up to $250. This is like getting $250 of house money to bet with.
To utilize this money, all you have to do is either bet using the sportsbook or play casino games up to the matching amount you deposit. Individuals who sign up at the physical location in Philadelphia can also receive an extra $250 free spin on a prize wheel.
Players should also be alert for daily odds boosts. These are periodic promotions that can prove to be very lucrative. You can get bonuses from the refer-a-friend promotion, plus there are promotions that involve partial bet refunds.
Help and Support
Bet Rivers offers an excellent source for help and support. There are representatives available daily from 9:30am to 2:00am. You can get answers to questions via live chat or you can send an email directly. Email inquiries are answered within 24-hours.
There are also a few dozen commonly asked questions with detailed answers. You can get help with registration, your finances or input on how to make any of the various types of sports bets. There is also a complete section on bonuses and promotions, plus advice about responsible gaming concerns.
Bet Rivers Sportsbook App Review
You will be able to access the Bet Rivers sportsbook on any of the four major web browsers or mobile devices. To bet using the Bet Rivers website, simply go directly to the website. The website is fast and simple. Menu bars are bold and easy to navigate, plus game lines are listed with a single scrolling option.
The website supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge browsers. For mobile device users, Bet Rivers has an app for Android devices. The release for a pending iOS app should be happening soon. Bet Rivers is waiting for Apple to approve terms for limits on their gambling apps.
Bet Rivers has a reward program that they refer to as the loyalty program. It provides incentives for loyal players. It is a step beyond the old-fashioned point rewards for cash spent. There are also iRush rewards; a similar program that was successful in New Jersey has been added at the Pennsylvania Bet Rivers.
There are 11 loyalty levels that you can strive for. Points are earned for every $10 bet. Parlays will add loyalty points at a higher rate than standard bets. Parlays that involve more than 10-teams earn one loyalty point for every dollar bet.
Bet Rivers in the News
Sports' betting is drifting gradually across the United States. Bet Rivers is involved in nearly state to date. One such state that is running into some resistance is Illinois. Legislation is being written that tries to pinpoint what are referred to as bad actors in the casino industry. Recent legislation has carried that sense of badness into proposed sports betting discussions. In a rather poignant acclamation, an Illinois amendment labeled any operation associated or inclined to be in violation of the Internet Gaming Act would be barred from getting a license in the state.
Paul Gaynor insists that Bet Rivers isn't afraid of competition, but they also aren't pleased that some entities cheated at the starting line. He feels the head start gained by sportsbook operators such as the two aforementioned, isn't fair in the spirit of an even playing field.
Sugarhouse also made front page news in the sports betting world by being the first licensed sportsbook in the competitive Philadelphia market. They also cut ties with their New Jersey brick and mortar partner the Golden Nugget to insure they could accept wagers on NBA games.
Editor's Bottom Line
Bet Rivers has the experience in both the gaming industry and sports betting. They have assembled a diverse team to coordinate their sportsbook operations. Being the first to launch in the lucrative Philadelphia market, they are in a prime position to be successful.
They offer all the traditional betting lines, plus a nice assortment of unique bets to add an extra level of excitement to your sports' betting experience. The loyalty program is more than just a dull point system. You can trade reward points for fun stuff, or place more bets.
- Loyalty Program – Bet Rivers steps outside the conventional points-equal-to-dollars idea. Sure, you can still earn cash to bet with, but the loyalty program adds a number of appealing options that can be fun to explore.
- 100% Matching Deposit – There are a number of matching deposit offers across the sportsbook industry. However, a full 100-percent match isn't common. The $250 limit is also substantial.
- Easy to Open an Account - Bet Rivers doesn't make difficult terms for their customers to get an account. For your own protection, they do require some security questions and validation for large winners. They are to protect you.
- No Apple Devices - iOS is a very popular mobile device, so until the details are worked out concerning Apple's gambling limits concerns, owners of these devices cannot use their device to bet.
- Additional Information Upfront – There could be a more thorough registration process that required some additional information. While the simplicity of signing up is okay, most individuals expect to win money at some point. It would seem beneficial to require at least enough information to get a payout if and when you win.
Editors Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars