You Don't Want to Miss a Chance at the FanDuel World Fantasy Football Championship
FanDuel has launched a new contest called the World Fantasy Football Championships. There is more than $6,000,000 worth of prizes on the board. You can win a trip to New York for the Live Final held December 14-16, or opt to play online in the Fan Championship. Here's how to enter both contests, including the prize pools for each.
WFFC Live Final – New York City
The ultimate prize is to win a spot in the Live Final in New York City. Contestants have three different ways to qualify and earn one of the World Fantasy Football Championship trips. Here is a prize breakdown for the Live Final and the online Fan Championship, both to be held on December 16, 2018.
- All qualifiers follow standard FanDuel fantasy football lineup and scoring rules.
- You must have a FanDuel account and meet all eligibility requirements, plus abide by the FanDuel Terms of Service. Use our fanduel promo code when doing so.
- Trip to New York City including, airfare and three nights lodging.
- Tailgate party access at the Meadowlands on December 15.
- A VIP pass to the WFFC Live Final party on the 16th.
- Two, $100 credits for you and a friend to place bets using the FanDuel Sportsbook.
- An entry into the WFFC single game round with a $500,000 winner prize pool.
- A second entry into the Fan Championship online round.
- Full access to the post contest WFFC Party to be held at the Playboy Club NYC.
How to Qualify
You must enter and place in any of three different qualifying round options. Each choice produces a different prize breakdown. They all have one thing in common. The overall winner of every qualifier round earns a trip to New York City. Here are the prize categories for each of the WFFC qualifiers. Before deciding whether to qualify, if you have any questions, read our fanduel review.
- First prize in the standard weekly DFS qualifier is a cash award of $8,000 plus one ticket to the Live Final and the Fan Championship.
- Second place will win a ticket into the online Fan Championship.
There are also cash prizes for players who finish in third place, all the way to the 490th best weekly fantasy point total. 3rd place wins $200 cash, and prize amounts decrease gradually down to the $16 prize for places 271 to 490.
- First prize wins $8,000 and Tickets to WFFC Finals & Fan Championship.
- Second, third and fourth place finishers all win cash plus a ticket to the Fan Championship round.
- There are also 10 more Fan Championship tickets awarded to place 5 through 15.
The $170 qualifiers offer nice cash prizes plus the single ticket to the New York held final on December 16th. There are also 13 entries into the online Fan Championship.
The largest entry fee will earn top nine finishers nice cash awards, plus a WFFC ticket for each spot. Here are the nine prizes awarded for each of the $800 qualifying contests.
- 1st place - $8,000 cash and an entry ticket into the WFFC Live Final.
- 2nd place - $2,000 cash and an entry ticket into the WFFC Fan Championship.
- 3rd place - $1,500 cash and an entry ticket into the WFFC Fan Championship.
- 4th place - $1,250 cash and an entry ticket into the WFFC Fan Championship.
- 5th to 9th place - $1,000 cash and an entry ticket into the WFFC Fan Championship.
The Live Final will pay cash awards to the top 75 finishers. First place will earn a half a million dollar check from FanDuel. The smallest cash award to any roster placing in the top 75 spots is $8,000. In addition, everyone gets to enjoy the New York Jets vs. the Houston Texans game with their complimentary VIP game pass.
The WFFC Fan Championship
If you're not the type of intense DFS player who wants to go for the Live Final in New York, there are also options to qualify for the online Fan Championship only. There are three different entry fee choices.
There is a $1, $7, and $25 qualifier, each producing a single winner who gets a ticket to the WFFC Fan Championship. Top prize for the online Fan Championship is $1,000,000, with $400K and $200K payouts for second and third place. The Fan Championship pays a cash prize all the way up to the 3,465th best point total.
This is one of FanDuel's biggest fantasy football extravaganzas yet. There are qualifiers every weekend ahead of the December 16th final round. Sure, nothing is guaranteed when you play daily fantasy football. However, there is one thing that is for certain.
If you don't put a lineup in one of the qualifying rounds, you won't be on the prize board as a lucky winner of the FanDuel World Fantasy Football Championships. Do your research and get your best lineup on the books today for a chance at a free weekend in New York City, plus the chance at some big cash.